- Penelope Cruz has a cameo in the new Sex and The City movie.
- a new single from Teairra Mari’s sophomore album has leaked called “Goodie Bag.” you can hear it on concreteloop.com.
- so a song is getting a buzz around the web that is called “Control.” its by Olivia and Drake…however, while i was on youheardthat new.com, i saw this quote by Drake that he didn’t have anything to do with the song although it is his vocals on the track….check it out:
I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don’t support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features. I’ve never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that Control was a collaboration of mine.
this is what Olivia had to say according to her blog post on Global Grind:
What’s up GlobalGrind, it’s your girl Olivia. While I’m excited to be the newest member of the GlobalGrind family I have to set the record straight about my song “Control” featuring Drake. In no way was I trying to deceive anyone. The producers, Rony Arzoumanian, Raffi “DJ Special K” Kenadjan and DJ Finesse approached me about the record and asked if I could create a song around the beat and Drake verse they owned and created. Since I had not spoken to Drake, I was very clear that the record could not be used for my album and could only be used for mixtapes.
After the record was done, it was released without my knowledge and we were quick to let people know it was just a mixtape record. The producers put together the record and leaked it before they confirmed with Drake. The record “Control” was for my mixtape “Under the Radar” which comes out on the 25th on Oliviaworldwide.com. I was not pleased when the record leaked and made a statement regarding that on my twitter. My team and I were not ready but it leaked and I did not leak it. It is what it is. It’s the internet age we live in, it’s a gift & a curse.
- Sarah Chapman is launching a fashion blog. Cool beans!
- so here are the 5 artists that GlobalGrind thinks would be a good choice to replace Nicki Minaj on Rihanna and Ke$ha’s tour…Ciara, Shanell, Keri Hilson, Kelis, and Trina. i would suggest Keri Hilson. speaking of Ciara, her new album is called Basic Instinct. check out this interview:
- there’s a rumor that Elizabeth Taylor is set to marry for the ninth time. *hears wedding bells*
- Rihanna has officially announced that she and Matt Kemp are boyfriend and girlfriend. while we’re on the subject of Rihanna, she has recently shot a video for “Rockstar 101″….check out a photo of her and Travis Barker.
- i don’t know where all this back and forth stuff is coming from, but apparently, Young Jeezy did not drop the “young” from his name.
- this is straight from realtalkny.net via tmz.com:
According to documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Nas had to immediately fork over $47,249.42 in back child support and $40,454 in back spousal support. The judge also ordered Nas to pay $10,000/month in spousal support until he pays off the $299,015.50 he owes Kelis. Nas also has to pay 90% of Kelis’ legal fees in the amount of $155,787.28. Lastly, Nas has to pay $48,549.83 to cover Kelis’ accounting expenses