There is a lot of great tips here!
Black Lilac Kitty Book Reviews
A writer/author should make the manuscript the best it can be before sending it to the publisher. This goes for both traditional published authors and for Indie authors.
How can you make it the best possible?
- Proofread backwards. Start with the last word of the book to the front. This will help catch typos that Spell Check does not catch, such as “there” vs. “their.”
- Have someone else proofread. Another set of eyes will help catch things you may not.
- Ask Beta Readers to read your work and give you feedback.
- Try “Grammarly” at grammarly dot com. It is free and boast “Grammarly makes you a better writer by finding and correcting up to 10x more mistakes than your word processor.” Give it a try. It can’t hurt.
- If you can financially afford to do so, hire an editor.
If you cannot afford to hire an editor, read your…
View original post 139 more words