I posted a video featuring a live version of this song months ago and now here’s the official video for it!
Now that I’ve found the perfect combination for my black bean patties, I decided to share my recipe. I hope it comes out good for you like it did for me.
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 of a yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp of salsa
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375 and spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray. .
- Puree black beans in a food processor (I used the Ninja Express Chop (about $20 give or take from Wally World). It takes only about 5 seconds. I usually do it twice just to make sure its the consistency I want so let’s say 10)
- Spoon beans into a bowl, add salt/ pepper to taste, minced garlic, diced yellow onion, salsa, and chili powder and stir until well blended.
- Add egg and then cup of whole wheat flour.
- Form into patties (this recipe made 6 patties while a recipe I did before only made 4). It all depends on how big you want your patties.
- Place patties into pan. You should be able to get 4 patties into the pan, but if you made them big then you won’t.
- Place into oven and cook 10 minutes on each side.
- Bon Appetit!
I will admit when I first saw the title of the video, I thought she had done a song paying homage to Bobby Brown or possibly had a Bobby Brown sample- well, somewhat, but not really…still hot, though. Just Hit Play.