- word on popcrunch.com is that Jay-Z will be joining Betty White on Saturday Night Live (SNL) on May 8. speaking of Jay-Z, it is being reported that he has issued out a $5 million dollar lawsuit against footballer David Ortiz for using the name 40/40 Club for his new establishment (club) in the Dominican Republic…dang Jigga, is it that serious?
- Lolavie is the new fragrance from Jennifer Aniston that is set to be released this summer. speaking of fragrances, there’s talk that Bruce Willis has a fragrance that should be hitting stores on July 1st.
- i don’t know whether to take this news seriously or not, but word is that Russell Brand has handpicked kanYe West to plan his bachelor party (Brand is set to marry singer Katy Perry)…this is on popcrunch.com. however there is a quote from kanYe from More Magazine which says:
“I think we’ll start in New York at Jay-Z’s club for a night or two,” Kanye, 32, tells More Magazine. “Then take Jay’s private jet over to Vegas. We’re inviting Simon Cowell, so we’re going to have a choice of private jets!”
- I guess because it was reported that people felt that the world needed to know that the Obamas made 5.5 million in 2009.
- there is talk that Diddy is the new manager for Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross. get it, Mr. Deep Pockets! speaking of Rick Ross, he was ordered to pay DJ Vlad of vladtv.com a reported 300,000 for beating him up. i must have missed this fight!
- drewreports.com is reporting that T.I.’s new album will be called King Uncaged and will be released on Tuesday, August 24th
- Snoop Dogg is being reported as one of the headliners for the Glastonbury Festival. other reported acts are U2, Muse, and Stevie Wonder.
- Lil’ Kim has a new single that is leaking all over the net entitled P***y Purr. i so thought that female rappers were getting away from the sexually charged lyrics, maybe I was wrong. *sighs*
- this is another Goodie Goodies, but check out Kristen Stewart on the cover of Flaunt Magazine:
- Eminem’s new album is being reported as being named Recovery and will be released on June 22
- so mediatakeout.com is claiming to have some NSFW pictures of Que from Day26. of course, i’ve scoped out the pictures, but if you ask me, it looks like Que, but after reviewing another photo of him and his tattoos, its either a lookalike or he got a new tattoo on his chest. you be the judge!
- Lil’ Romeo, Master P’s son is working on a new dating reality show to find his Juliet.
- so i’ve heard/read that Shaquille O’ Neal is threatening to file a lawsuit against the show Basketball Wives if his ex-wife Shaunie says his name on the show. if you ask me, if the show is centered on basketball wives than I would think she would say something about him. otherwise, why is she on the show?
- Keri Hilson is the new face of AVON’s Imari fragrance. originally, Jennifer Hudson at the title. check out a promo pik:
so i was reading the ybf.com today and saw the post that BET has banned Teairra Mari’s new video with Soulja Boy “Sponsor.” (btw, the song also features Gucci Mane, but he’s not present in the video). if you listen to the song, it speaks of a woman who is getting catered to financially by her man, which is illustrated in the video until the end when you see that Teairra Mari is actually paying for everything herself. according to theybf.com, this is the letter that they received regarding the video:
I was informed that 106 and Park, a source for African Americans to promote their music, have banned Teairra Mari’s song Sponsor and other projects from surfacing on their channel. No one else will report because they don’t want to put it on blast. I feel bad for the underdogs because they are not given a fair chance and its even worse when your own kind won’t promote you. What’s bad about Sponsor that overshadows any work that Lil Wayne, Ludacris, and many others have showcased on BET? Why is it, do you think, that booty shaking and such is allowed but a video by a woman encouraging others to make it is bad. Why is it that Lil Wayne can perform “Every Girl In the World” with his daughter on stage, but women artists have to be “appropriate”. I understand if they would at least let Teairra come on the show to explain the concept behind the song. It just seems like a shady business where people who have made it have certain control over those that haven’t
through shady connections.
I know people may say “well who checkin’ for…” but what if these people actually had a chance in the business if it wasn’t so shady?
you can see the video below:
this is straight from blackcelebritykids.com via mystyle.com:
1. Happiness Is Inside: Great shoes or handbags can make you feel fabulous but only temporarily. It’s fun to look cute, but I teach my girls that bliss from material goodies will fade like a candy high if they lack substance underneath all the sparkle and shine.
2. Live Generously: My girls and I regularly go through their rooms to find clothes and toys to donate to charities. I firmly believe that children who have been given so much need to experience the joy that comes from giving. All children can do things to help, whether how big or small—by donating toys or lending a hand in the community.
3. Expose Children to Different Cultures, Places and People: Even if you can’t afford to travel the world, you can take your children to the museum, zoo or local park. And don’t be afraid to take them to grownup spots. Eating out in a restaurant teaches children how to be quiet and polite—and gives them the pleasure of knowing you trust them to behave.
4. Make Time for Fun: I encourage my children to try new things—dance, tennis, soccer, you name it, I want them to try it. But I don’t want them to feel like they have to take every class just to please me. Kids need time to be kids! My recipe for good parenting includes a healthy dose of discipline and a lot of love.
5. Embrace Uniqueness: Don’t try to blend in with all the other moms—it’s OK to stand out from the crowd and be yourself. The best way to teach children to resist peer pressure is to resist it yourself.
6. Make Self-Reliance Your Foundation: Encourage your daughters to strive for independence and you’ll raise girls who aren’t afraid to grab every opportunity and fend for themselves when Mommy’s not around.
7. Moms Need Love Too: Somewhere in the midst of all the mommy mayhem, you need to take a moment for pampering or a special treat. It could be a day at the spa, a bouquet of flowers or just meditation or a good workout. If you don’t take time to take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of others.
8. Don’t Try to Be Supermom: Balancing all that comes with building a company while raising two girls and now my little boy is the biggest (and most fulfilling) challenge of my life. I remind myself every day not to take on more than I can handle. I don’t need to be a hero; I just need to do my best.
9. Brush Your Shoulders Off: Pettiness exists at every stage in life, so brush it off and encourage your kids to do the same. If you waste time wallowing in negativity, that attitude will rub off on your kids.
10. Everything You Can Imagine Is Real: Being a mom doesn’t mean you have to give up your own dreams. Visualize your life. That means making a blueprint of every step along the way, from what you’re wearing to how you will balance home and work life. By imagining every detail, you will be able make it happen.
Bonus: Self-Confidence Is a Legacy. Build yours up by starting with something simple, like taking pride in writing a good report at work or getting the kids to school on time with a healthy lunch. Every time you pat yourself on the back, your children learn to do the same.
Latin singer, Luis Miguel is being reported as being in critical condition after having lipo. word is that an infection formed as a result of the surgery which spread to his internal organs. he is currently at Cedars Sinai in LA.
If you visit hurricane-game.net, you can hear a single from Game entitled “400 Bars” that has the MC rappin’ for 20 straight minutes…gotta luv it!
also check out the video below to hear “It Must Be Me,” which is being reported as the first single from the RED Album although Game recently shot a video for the single, “Shake.”
- Penelope Cruz has a cameo in the new Sex and The City movie.
- a new single from Teairra Mari’s sophomore album has leaked called “Goodie Bag.” you can hear it on concreteloop.com.
- so a song is getting a buzz around the web that is called “Control.” its by Olivia and Drake…however, while i was on youheardthat new.com, i saw this quote by Drake that he didn’t have anything to do with the song although it is his vocals on the track….check it out:
I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don’t support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features. I’ve never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that Control was a collaboration of mine.
this is what Olivia had to say according to her blog post on Global Grind:
What’s up GlobalGrind, it’s your girl Olivia. While I’m excited to be the newest member of the GlobalGrind family I have to set the record straight about my song “Control” featuring Drake. In no way was I trying to deceive anyone. The producers, Rony Arzoumanian, Raffi “DJ Special K” Kenadjan and DJ Finesse approached me about the record and asked if I could create a song around the beat and Drake verse they owned and created. Since I had not spoken to Drake, I was very clear that the record could not be used for my album and could only be used for mixtapes.
After the record was done, it was released without my knowledge and we were quick to let people know it was just a mixtape record. The producers put together the record and leaked it before they confirmed with Drake. The record “Control” was for my mixtape “Under the Radar” which comes out on the 25th on Oliviaworldwide.com. I was not pleased when the record leaked and made a statement regarding that on my twitter. My team and I were not ready but it leaked and I did not leak it. It is what it is. It’s the internet age we live in, it’s a gift & a curse.
- Sarah Chapman is launching a fashion blog. Cool beans!
- so here are the 5 artists that GlobalGrind thinks would be a good choice to replace Nicki Minaj on Rihanna and Ke$ha’s tour…Ciara, Shanell, Keri Hilson, Kelis, and Trina. i would suggest Keri Hilson. speaking of Ciara, her new album is called Basic Instinct. check out this interview:
- there’s a rumor that Elizabeth Taylor is set to marry for the ninth time. *hears wedding bells*
- Rihanna has officially announced that she and Matt Kemp are boyfriend and girlfriend. while we’re on the subject of Rihanna, she has recently shot a video for “Rockstar 101″….check out a photo of her and Travis Barker.
- i don’t know where all this back and forth stuff is coming from, but apparently, Young Jeezy did not drop the “young” from his name.
- this is straight from realtalkny.net via tmz.com:
According to documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Nas had to immediately fork over $47,249.42 in back child support and $40,454 in back spousal support. The judge also ordered Nas to pay $10,000/month in spousal support until he pays off the $299,015.50 he owes Kelis. Nas also has to pay 90% of Kelis’ legal fees in the amount of $155,787.28. Lastly, Nas has to pay $48,549.83 to cover Kelis’ accounting expenses
Well, to answer the question, Carmen Davenport is the main character in a series of ten books communally known as the Diamond Collection. In March of 2010, I signed with Passionate Writers Publishing based in Indiana to have the first two books published. Here is the back cover synopsis of the first book:
Diamonds in the Rough: a novel by Vogue
“I see a woman who is just like the stars outside. She is shining as bright as she can with hope that someone sees her except this woman is far better than them. She’s a diamond.”
Carmen Davenport is living the American dream. Born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she has anything that a twenty-one year old college student would want: supportive parents, a set of fly friends, and an inheritance to one of the most lucrative clothing companies in New York: Flame, Inc. The only thing missing is love, but that doesn’t seem to faze her until she lays eyes on Jay Santiago, a Puerto Rican drug lord who is destined to make Carmen his at any cost. Instantly, Carmen begins to fall for him despite his reign as the head of a multi-million dollar drug cartel.
After securing the rights to her inheritance, Carmen soon learns that Flame, Inc. is headed towards a downward spiral. Too ambitious to allow her dream to go down the drain, Carmen begins pulling at all lifelines to save her company. Putting aside everything she’s ever believed in, Carmen soon finds herself entangled in a web of lies, betrayal, and crime. However, Carmen knows that in order to achieve her goal, she must remain focused no matter how dangerous the road to success may get.
Diamonds In the Rough is the first of ten books known communally as “The Diamond Collection.”
this is straight from powells.com:
When the brothers began clashing in 2003, the flashy and beloved Big Meech risked it all on a shot at legitimacy in the music industry. At the same time, a team of investigators who had pursued BMF for years began to prey on the organization’s weaknesses. Utilizing a high-stakes wiretap operation, the feds inched toward their goal of destroying the Flenory’s empire and ending the reign of a crew suspected in the sale of thousands of kilos of cocaine — and a half-dozen unsolved murders.